WHERE WE’VE BEEN AND WHERE WE ARE GOING IN CABIN #6005
We began with a pre-cruise which was a land tour of Iceland and then boarded the Viking Vela (stateroom #6005) in Bergen. This was a British Isles cruise beginning in Bergen and ending in London. Along the way we stopped in Edinburg, Shetland, Dublin, Liverpool and others before finishing in Greenwich.
We then spent several days in London, before flying to Cairo and boarding the Viking Osiris (state room #205) and cruising the Nile on the Pharaohs & Pyramids cruise. We certainly saw a LOT of both! Then another land journey in Petra and Jordan before flying to Athens and boarding the Viking Sea (stateroom #6005). I don’t know how Mark did it but we continue having that same stateroom number the rest of the trip and we’re on the Sea the rest of the trip too! That’s a good thing, because at our ages we forget a lot of things and now we won’t get lost on the ship! We are currently on the Viking Sea and will be on it until we reach Puerto Rico in November! There’s a lot more to see and do along the way!
It seems that we have had more excursions and less sea days this time, so my blogging during this journey has been somewhat erratic. Actually, very erratic and pretty much non existent so far! We have had two tours almost every day and between the busy schedule and spotty internet, there has been little time to really focus on the blog, plus I don’t want the pressure of having to complete a blog post daily - then it begins to feel like a job! I’m going to continue blogging as I have a chance because it’s important for me to have this travel journal to look back on. So, here we go……
The first photo is a selfie that we took on September 27th at the Savannah Airport. That was the beginning of this trip. Since then we have travelled for a little over a month and are halfway through our journey. It has been wonderful so far and we have seen a lot! I know that it will be hard for me to go back and remember everything, but my photos should help me capture the most memorable moments!
At this point it will be impossible for me to do a day by day journal, so I will be simply capturing my favorite memories from each category. Iceland will be up next! Stay tuned…..
In the meantime here’s some selfies and #7 doors that we’ve captured along the way!
I also need to mention here that packing for this trip was somewhat difficult. We wanted to pack light, but traveling from cool and sometimes wet weather to super hot weather required more clothes than we wanted to bring. Waterproof shoes, coats, sweaters along with sundresses and flip flops became the challenge! We both did well with that endeavor, I think, and so far have worn everything we brought and I can’t say that there was one thing I didn’t pack that I wish I had! From the selfie photos above, one can see a few of the collection of hats that I brought! I actually brought 4!









Comments
Post a Comment